Manchester City Council has made the following announcement.
We are at a critical juncture in our city’s fight against COVID-19, as we face the government officially imposing more exacting lockdown measures, if the number of COVID-19 cases in Manchester don’t start to reduce dramatically.
We all have an important part to play in helping to prevent COVID-19 increasing, by adhering to the government’s restrictions for Manchester and the new Rule of 6 which came into effect on Monday 14 September 2020.
- People who do not live with you must not visit you in your home or garden*
- You must not visit someone else’s home or garden, even if they live outside of Manchester
Car Sharing Advice
- Try not to share a car with someone you don’t live with – unless it is part of a school or work bubble arrangement.
*Support bubbles are exempt from this rule. A support bubble is when a single adult, with or without children, who lives alone can join up with another household.
New Rule of 6
- Don’t meet or socialise in groups of more than 6 people in any setting*
- In Manchester you still can’t meet in other people’s homes and garden, or ask them round to your house or garden.*
Please also remember to make the following safety advice part of your daily routine, it helps to protect you and your family from COVID-19:
- Washing your hands regularly
- Keeping your distance if you go out (2 metres apart where possible)
- Wearing a face covering in shops, supermarkets and on public transport (unless exempt)
- Self-isolate if you or anyone in your household has symptoms and get a test by visiting www.nhs.uk/coronavirus or call 119
There is a real danger that unless we all work together and take the precautions needed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 seriously, we will undo all the collective hard work and progress our city has made since June and we will be back to square one in terms of our public health and economic recovery.
So please do your bit and help protect the ones you love from COVID-19 https://www.manchester.gov.uk/restrictions