On today’s Chillax Show from 4pm MK will be chatting to Mark Woodcock – North Branch Manager of Being There.
Being There was founded in 1982 by people with cancer for those with concerns about the disease. Since then the charity has grown to offer new services to the people of Greater Manchester living with or affected by cancer and other life-limiting illness such as strokes, heart and respiratory diseases.
Being There has a network of trained volunteers who give home-based emotional support and practical help. Services are tailored to each individual or family, but they can include:
- Listening and befriending: talking through difficulties and concerns
- Respite sitting, allowing carers time to themselves
- Practical help such as shopping
- Driving and support for a hospital appointment or treatment
- Social activities, days out, coffee mornings, relaxation sessions
- Group support
- Information about local services and support networks
All support services are currently provided free of charge, although there is a suggested minimum donation of £4 for medical transport and £2 for social group transport.
To find out more visit: https://beingthere.org.uk