Manchester Mind still have some places available on the following upcoming courses, you can book your place by clicking on the links below.
Coping with anxiety and worry around covid post lockdown (2.5 hours)
This course offers people an opportunity to talk about their worries, concerns and feelings about returning to work, socialising, and generally adapting to what has been called the new `normal`.
- Recognise the impact covid has on our mental health
- Gain insight into the changeability of our mental health – there is no normal response to a pandemic
- Understand how stress and anxiety can impact on our coping mechanisms to deal with covid post lockdown
- Look at different ways we can cope and what can help build our resilience
- To share ideas and coping techniques in a supportive and caring group
Wednesday 4th of August 2021 1pm – 2.30pm https://data.manchestermind.org/civicrm/event/info?id=487&reset=1
Friday 6th of August 2021 10am – 12.30pm
Mental Health awareness (3 hours)
- Challenge mental health myths and stereotypes
- Increase understanding of mental health issues and the impact they have on a person’s life
- How to support someone who is feeling suicidal
- Increase knowledge and confidence when supporting people with mental health issues
Thursday 5thAugust 1pm – 4pm https://data.manchestermind.org/civicrm/event/info?id=242&reset=1
How to support someone who is feeling suicidal (2.5 hour course)
· What are suicidal feelings and who is more at risk?
- How can I help someone with suicidal feelings?
- What should I do if someone discloses to me that they are suicidal?
- What`s a support plan?
· How can I support myself?
This course is delivered in a very supportive environment and I will be available after the course to offer any further guidance or support.
Tuesday 3rdAugust 1pm – 3.30pm https://data.manchestermind.org/civicrm/event/info?id=352&reset=1
Trainer: Fran Gammon firstname.lastname@example.org mobile: 07712653394
Due to funding restrictions we can only accept applications from people living in the city of Manchester, i.e. those with postcodes beginning ‘M’ followed by 1, 2, 3 (Manchester not Salford), 4, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (Manchester not Trafford), 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 40 or 90.